Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- A 2-year acute surgery fellowship
- Training and/or experience in trauma and acute care at Level I or Level II center is desirable
- Strong leadership skills
- Patient centered, excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Busy Level 1 Trauma Center provides advanced trauma care 24/7 with a team of six physicians and experienced APC’s
- Broad mix of surgical trauma and acute surgery cases and surgical ICU coverage for a diverse patient population
- Will also provide coverage for ECMO patients
- Dual role with administrative component and title of Director Neuro-Intensive Care / Medical Student Surgery Site Coordinator reporting directly to the Section Chief of Trauma/Surgical Critical Care
- Administrative responsibilities include policy and procedure development and implementation, assisting with the operations of the SICU, Quality Assurance and protocols, and providing student lectures, curriculum development, and student assessment and evaluation
- Shifts will vary depending on the service
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- An integrated, supportive organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.