The Department of Pediatrics at Advocate Children’s Hospital is seeking a Pediatric Intensivist/Pediatric Palliative Care Physician to join our growing program in association with the Chicagoland Children’s Health Alliance. This would be a split role with 60% PICU/40% Palliative Responsibilities.
Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation, as well as one of the top pediatric cardiac surgical programs. With a total of 145 beds at ACH OL and 138 beds at ACH PR, and nearly 10,000 admissions per year combined both ACH campuses are busy tertiary medical-surgical centers, providing care to children throughout the Chicagoland area as well as northwest Indiana.
PICU Responsibilities Include:
- You would be joining a team of 22 diverse fellowship-trained Pediatric Intensivists across two campuses to provide excellent care to children in the Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana area.
- The campuses are located at the two ACH hub locations: ACH-Park Ridge and ACH-Oak Lawn. The combined system has 43 PICU beds and additionally provides consulting services to a smaller community based six bed PICU. ACH has a separate nationally ranked 16 bed Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit on the Oak Lawn campus.
- We provide 24/7 in-house care, including ECMO, CRRT, continuous EEG, and advanced respiratory support for over 2500 admissions per year, run pediatric sedation services at both campuses, provide support for a full complement of pediatric medical and surgical subspecialties, and serve as medical control for the Advocate Children’s Transfer Center.
- Both campuses support ACGME-accredited medical education programs for fellows, residents, and students. The combined faculty has diverse and nationally recognized expertise in research, ethics, palliative care, sedation, simulation, medical education, quality improvement, and advocacy.
Palliative Care Responsibilities include:
- Join the Division of Pediatric Palliative Care and Pain Management, known as the Pediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT) at Advocate Children’s Hospital (ACH). The team provides coverage at the 2 ACH hospital campuses: ACH-PR in Park Ridge, and ACH-OL in Oak Lawn. Our team currently consists of 3 physicians, 4 advanced nurse practitioners and 1 nurse coordinator to cover the needs of both campuses, 7 days a week.
- Provide both in-patient and out-patient palliative care consultation and follow-up care to patients admitted to ACH-OL and ACH-PR. Consultative role can include but is not limited to complex pain and symptom management, facilitation of advance care planning and goals of care discussions, and discussion leadership in care conferences for both families and medical teams.
- Provide consultation services for patients requiring acute pain management care at ACH-OL.
- Provide physician support of PACT Advance Practice Nurses and Nurse Coordinators’ clinical activities in a collaborative manner.
- Provide supervision and teaching of pediatric residents, fellows, advanced practice nursing students.
- PACT service coverage model involves weekday coverage at a single campus and combined campus coverage on the weekends.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.