Psychiatry Opportunity (Academics in Texas)
TTUHSC El Paso - Transmountain and Tenet Healthcare have collaborated on the development of a new set of clinical and educational programs, designed to serve medical students, nursing students and resident physicians; that includes a 4-4-4 Psychiatry residency program. The facilities are designed to serve the healthcare needs of El Paso and Southern New Mexico, while also providing a world-class training site.
- Provides consultations for medical inpatients and provides direct outpatient psychiatric care
- Maintains all applicable licenses, controlled substance registrations, board certifications, hospital privileges and third party payer enrollments in good standing
- Supervises and teaches residents and medical students
- Participates in research and/or scholarly activities in the department
- Participates in committees and other administrative duties as assigned
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations
- Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine's Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibility
- Experience and demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
- Board certification or eligible for certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Regional or emerging national reputation for the rank of Associate Professor or higher
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan.
- M.D. / D.O.
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for medical licensure in the State of Texas
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program in Psychiatry
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Commensurate with Experience
State of Texas Benefits Package