Atrium Health is recruiting a Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician to join a busy Inpatient/Outpatient practice in western NC in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Call is light, 1:3 weekends. This position does have an academic component teaching residents in our Blue Ridge Internal Medicine Residency program. Call is light, 1:3 weekends.
- 7 on/7 off work schedule
- Community based healthcare system with 16 ICU beds
- Open ICU with Hospitalist team handling ALL admissions, allowing for lighter night call
- Academic opportunity - teaching Internal Medicine Residents - 24 Residents, 8 per year
- Training in EBUS is preferred
- Collegial work environment, excellent referral base
- Strong, integrated health system support
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Family-oriented community with affordable cost of living and good schools
Morganton, known as “Nature's Playground” is about an hour northwest of Charlotte and about an hour east of Asheville along the I40 corridor in the foothills of the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains. Discover Burke County with a population of approximately 90,000, offers an abundance of recreation including hiking, biking, camping, fishing, boating, cycling, rock climbing, golf, and is an easy hour drive to some of the best skiing in the eastern US. Explore the area via a variety of tours available from Beer, Barbeque and Whiskey, area Winery tours or Zipline through Catawba Meadows Park. Morganton sits on the Catawba River and in addition to the lovely scenic landscapes, the area offers wonderful shopping and dining, a thriving downtown and state-of-the-art theater that hosts Broadway shows.
For additional information, please submit CV, Cover Letter. Thank you for your interest in joining our Pulmonary/Critical Care team!