Academic Cardiology Opportunity at TTUHSC El Paso
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso (TTUHSC El Paso) / The Hospitals of Providence (Tenet Healthcare)
Effective: Until Filled
Job Detail: TTUHSC El Paso and The Hospitals of Providence (Tenet Healthcare) have collaborated in developing a 106 bed teaching hospital and academic medical office building. As part of this collaboration, we are establishing a new Internal Medicine department and residency program within the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine based at the Transmountain.
The successful candidate in this position will be employed by TTUHSC El Paso at an academic rank commensurate with qualifications, and will be a key participant in the process of establishing the "new" Internal Medicine residency program. The candidate will provide inpatient and outpatient care, assists in curriculum delivery, supervise residents and provide teaching experiences for medical students from the school of medicine. They will participate in committees, and/or scholarly activities within the Department, Medical School and University.
The position requires:
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for an unrestricted medical License in the State of Texas
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship program
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine residency program
- Board certification in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Experience and demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
- Board certified in Cardiovascular Diseases by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Regional or emerging national reputation for the rank of Associate Professor or higher
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Candidates possessing the training and qualifications in Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Electrphisiology encouraged to apply.
As an EEO/AA employer , the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Competitive Academic Salary Package
State of Texas Benefits