MD – Hematology/Oncology
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system based in Albuquerque, New Mexico (ABQ). Our integrated healthcare system includes eight hospitals in seven New Mexico communities, a medical group, multi-specialty clinics and a statewide health plan. We have proudly been providing care to New Mexicans since 1908. The Presbyterian Medical Group employs more than 900 primary care and specialty providers and we are growing.
Presbyterian Cancer Care is a dynamic community program in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, NM seeing over 1,200 new patients a year:
- PMG providers offering medical oncology, hematology, surgical oncology, gynecologic oncology, and high-risk, survivorship, and oncology psychology cancer care services.
- Radiation oncology specialists from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, a world leader in cancer care, providing a wide range of radiation treatment options.
- Our team also offers tailored rehabilitation and extensive supportive care services, including a Patient Assistance Fund to address patient financial needs and an Oncology Dietician. Nurse Navigators mentor patients at the time of initial diagnosis and treatment.
Board Certified in Internal Medicine. Board Eligible or Board Certified in both Hematology and Medical Oncology. Candidates should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and time management skills, along with a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented. Candidates should have an interest in palliative medicine. This position will see a significant volume of Hematology. Bilingual English/Spanish is beneficial.
- Attendance at multidisciplinary tumor boards is an expectation.
- Cultural competence is required for diverse patient population.
- Physician should adhere to principles of Patient– and Family-Centered care model.
- Patient Satisfaction is a priority and scores are reviewed as a team.
PMG medical oncology practice highlights:
- Support staff includes Medical Assistants, front desk staff, & team of OCN certified RN’s.
- Strong, robust PMG Oncology program has grown steadily for last 8 years.
- Integrated Medical Group Primary Care base.
- Call is typically 1:8.
About Albuquerque, New Mexico
Albuquerque thrives as New Mexico's largest metropolitan center with a metro area population of over 900,000. It offers gorgeous springs and falls punctuated by moderate summers and mild winters. Albuquerque is considered a destination for most types of outdoor activities with over 300 days of sunshine annually and is recognized as one of the most culturally diverse cities in the country.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke-free campuses.
Competitive compensation and benefits packages. Including generous sign-on bonuses, relocation assistance and malpractice coverage